Beneath The Sea 2002
March 22, 23, 24
Photo and Video Competition Rules
1. The 2002 Beneath The Sea Photography Competition is open to amateur photographers living anywhere in the United States, Canada or their possessions. Not eligible are professional photographers (including those promoting themselves as pro or semi-pro), underwater photo instructors, and persons who have been paid for publication of more than six photos during 2000-2001. Also not eligible are photos that have been published (or accepted for publication). The work submitted must have been taken by the individual submitting the entry and signing the entry form.
2. All entries must have been exposed underwater (no aquarium, pool or surface shots) by the person submitting the entry. Photos cannot show any disrespect for the environment.
3. Judging will be by a panel of professional photographers chosen by Beneath the Sea. Decisions of the judges will be final and will be based on composition, technique, exposure and general interest.
4. No substitutions can be offered for prize awards.
5. The right to reproduce the entry as promotion for Beneath The Sea is assumed if proper photographic credit is given. The ownership and rights remain with the photographer. Beneath the Sea, Inc. may show the competition entries continuously during the weekend.
6. A completed entry form and entry fee must accompany all submissions. Forms may be printed from this web site or duplicated or more may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to BENEATH THE SEA Photo Competition, Suite 2A, 495 New Rochelle Road, Bronxville, NY 10708 or email a request to Photo@BeneathTheSea.org.
1. An individual may submit up to six 35mm color slides and/or one video. There is an entry fee of $7 US per slide and $8 per video. Make the check or money order payable to "BTS." Do not send cash! If too many slides and/or videos or the incorrect entry fee are sent, your entry will not be accepted.
2. Awards will be given in the following categories:
Please do not send slides taken of photographic prints. These will not be accepted.
Please submit duplicates, not originals, if possible.Slides must be marked with entrant's name, photo title and the category entered. Please print legibly!
Place a large dot on the lower left-hand corner of the mount when viewed correctly on a light table. No gummed labels or glass mounts. If a slide is incorrectly labeled or mounted, it will not be accepted.
3. Entry Submission:
4. Any entry that does not meet the rules or conditions will not be eligible.
|BENEATH THE SEA HOME PAGE||PHOTO CONTEST HOME PAGE||2002 CONTEST ENTRY FORM|